Tea Forte Advent Calendar: Day 23 - Chamomile Citron



 Oh dear.

Chamomile.

*sigh*



There is a skit from YouTube comedian team Foil Arms & Hog called Tea Addiction in which one of the characters perfectly describes what chamomile tea tastes like to me.  He says that chamomile is just "water that's gone off!" and I wholeheartedly agree.  It tastes and feels like dusty water with no additional flavor to me.  I'd rather drink a cup of plain hot water.



That having been said, when I read the description and it said "Egyptian chamomile by herbs and flowers" I was EVER SO HOPEFUL that "Egyptian chamomile" might taste different than the regular chamomile that I'm used to.  Or perhaps the herbs and flowers would give the tinsane an additional flavor so that it didn't feel both wet and dusty in my mouth.


I was sorely disappointed.


This went down the drain.  It was just regular old chamomile with a fancy description.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice