Tea Forte Advent Calendar: Day 17 - Green Mango Peach

 I will take a moment to acknowledge that this review is a good 1/2 year late.  I have been emptying my camera of old photos to make room for the pictures I'm bound to take on my trip to Europe next week.  In doing so, I came across the photos I took to complete my 2023 tea advent reviews.  Thankfully, I had taken copious tasting notes on the teas, so even though the review is late, it gets to remain an accurate picture of my thoughts on the tea.



So then, where were we? Oh yes - day 17!



I have to admit, when I opened the little tree and found Green Mango Peach.... I was NOT excited.  Mango is not my favorite flavour, and Peach is even lower on my preference list.  In point of fact, for my palate, peach ruins tea as badly as chocolate.  Needless to say, I had VERY low expectations for this blend.



The write up did however inspire more hope!  "The sweetness of ripe fruit, sharpened by peppermint and ginger" sounded delicious!  I was hopeful that the mint and ginger would overpower or at least balance what I expected to be overwhelming natural sweetness from the peach and the mango.


Damn that write up.  It got my hopes up in vain.  All I could taste was fruit.  Since it was a green tea, there wasn't even the tannin sharpness from a black tea to cut the fruit taste.  Somehow, the ginger didn't add any savory at all, just a sharp spice sensation on the back of my throat.  All I could taste was the peach and the mango.  I took 5 sips to give it a chance before just giving up and pouring it down the sink.

My stomach was upset from how sweet it was and so I didn't eat my shortbread until hours later when I wanted a tiny sweet dessert after my dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice