Tea Forte Advent Calendar: Day 7 - Ginger Lemongrass


I admit, I did not expect much from this herbal.  I've had multiple Ginger and Lemongrass tinsanes in the past, and they never fail to underwhelm me.


Most blends of a similar name, the lemongrass tends to mute the ginger to the point where there's no spice, and hardly any flavor except for that signature lemongrass aftertaste.  Because of that, this write up that mentions citrus notes, spearmint and licorice both confused and intrigued me.  I mean, it's called Ginger Lemongrass, but nowhere in the write up do they mention either ginger or lemongrass.  What the hell?


The color was about what I expected - it looked like someone had relieved themselves in my cup.  Mmmm... so appetizing - not.

So - let's go through the flavors in the name and write up to see what I could actually taste:

  • Ginger - barely
  • Lemongrass - only on the end note / aftertaste
  • Citrus - nope
  • Spearmint - not at all
  • Licorice - nope
So.... I've gotten more ginger flavor from when I dropped some pickled ginger into my green tea at the sushi restaurant by accident and then fished it out 5 seconds later.  

I didn't even try my chocolate chip shortbread with it - I just ate it later with a real cup of tea.

Final thoughts:  It was a waste of a cup of hot water.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice