Tea Forte Advent Calendar: Day 14 - Apricot Amaretto

 


This is another blend that it took me several days to work up to trying.


I am not often a fan of either apricot or amaretto flavors in my tea.


Amaretto flavor tends to hit my palate as almonds that have started to turn towards spoiling.  Apricot, on the other hand, tends to make anything it's paired with turn sickly sweet ..... I was not filled with hope.


The color was a pale orange-y yellow.  My first sip... all I got was the fruity apricot hit to the front of my palate.  The second sip was almost like sucking on a warm jordan almond.  I took several more sips trying to get the flavor to settle instead of bouncing between the two extremes without the flavor actually being at all extreme.  I couldn't pick it apart, but I know I didn't enjoy it.  

In desperation, I dipped in the little shortbread heart.  My next sip tasted 100% like liquid marzipan.  It was delightful!  I fully enjoyed the liquid marzipan tinsane ..... but then I finished the cookie and still had 1/3 of a cup left.

Without the cookie, the tea had started to cool slightly and the aroma had changed.  When I tipped the cup to take a sip, the bouquet hit my nose and it was like sticking my nose into a bottle of antiseptic.  The herbal itself had no flavor itself beyond supporting the antiseptic bouquet.


Final thoughts:  An interesting tasting experiment - but in the end, ew. No.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice