Tea Forte Advent Calendar: Day 13 - Blueberry Merlot


 I was predisposed not to like this herbal blend.  In all honesty, it took me days to work up the interest and willingness to try it.


Blueberry Merlot just did not sound appetizing to me.


The write up didn't make it sound much better than the name - mainly because sweet and sage are not buzzwords I enjoy in my tea.

I didn't get a photo of the brewed cup, but the color was a deep rich burgundy that really did look like the color of a merlot wine.  That was the first thing that intrigued me and gave me hope.  I do tend to enjoy a darker tinsane more than a lighter brew.

The first few sips were super heavy on the blueberry and not at all unpleasant.  In fact, I very much enjoyed it.  It was slightly sweet, but not as sweet as blueberry juice.  Whatever they had added for the merlot bit, gave an extra tang to the sweet of the blueberry that I very much enjoyed.

When I added the shortbread round, suddenly my tea tasted like a lovely cup of mulled wine!!  It was magical and delicious!  

So - I was wrong - this herbal is delightful, both with and without shortbread.


Final thoughts:  I would actually buy a small box of this to enjoy at night during the holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice