Tea Forte Advent Calendar: Day 12 - Belgian Mint


Boy did I drag my feet in trying this blend


Belgian Mint - the name sounds just fine, and I like mint


Oh.... oh dear - dark chocolate?  The worst of all chocolates in my world.  I opened the tea bag box and it smelled like a Thin Mint cookie.  I realize for some people that this would be a GOOD thing.... but I happen to HATE Thin Mint cookies with a violent passion.

I brewed it and for a mint based tinsane, it got pretty dark.... which made me worry that the dark chocolate flavor was going to be pretty strong.

I got through the first sip - it wasn't pleasant.  It was like mint coated in semi-sweet chocolate chips.  The 2nd sip was worse as the chocolate got stronger.  The third sip made me physically gag from the combination of the heavy chocolate mint scent and the dark chocolate flavor swirling heavy in the mint water.

I handed the mug to Jodie who finished happily while I took the salted caramel shortbread as solace to cleanse my palate and sooth my upset tummy.


Final thoughts - I know for some folks this would be delicious.  For me it is a HELL NO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice