Taking Stock: Where I am in my K-Pop journey - the multi-stan life

 In case you're not familiar with the terminology, stan is the word in k-pop slang that means a fan - usually of a single group or solo artist.  Thus, a multi-stan, is a fan who is a fan of multiple groups or solo artists.  

When I first got into k-pop, I considered myself a casual listener.  After a while, I admitted to myself that I was definitely a BTS stan, and eventually I came to think of myself as an ARMY (the name for the BTS fan group).  As I've travelled further down the rabbit hole that is k-pop, I'm still ARMY, but there are other groups that also have varying degrees of a hold on me.  As a thought exercise, I thought I would catalog which artists have a hold on me at what levels.


Groups I have actually purchased fan club memberships for:

BTS & SEVENTEEN


Groups I have paid to see in concert in person:

BTS, Stray Kids, ENHYPEN, ATEEZ, The Rose, MIYAVI (J-Rock)


Groups I have paid to see in concert online:

BTS, SEVENTEEN, Stray Kids, TXT


Groups I own lightsticks for:

BTS, SEVENTEEN, Stray Kids, ENHYPEN, TXT, The Rose, ATEEZ


Groups I have bought physical albums for:

BTS, SEVENTEEN, Stray Kids, ENHYPEN, Woosung (solo artist from The Rose)


Groups I have purchased DVD content for:

BTS, SEVENTEEN


Groups I have purchased official merch for (outside of lightsticks and albums):

BTS, Stray Kids


Groups I have purchased unofficial merch for:

BTS, SEVENTEEN, Stray Kids, ENHYPEN, ATEEZ, The Rose


Groups where I self identify as a fan enough to use their fan base name on myself:

BTS: ARMY, SEVENTEEN: CARAT, Stray Kids: Stay, The Rose: Black Rose, TXT: MOA, ENHYPEN: Engene, LUCY: Walwal, Xdinary Heroes: Villain


Groups I watch non-music video / performance content from:

BTS (In the Soop, RUN BTS, Bangtan Bomb, variety shows), SEVENTEEN (In the Soop, Going SEVENTEEN, variety shows), ENHYPEN (I-Land, Enhypen&HI, En-O'Clock, Playground, variety shows), Stray Kids (Kingdom: The Legendary War, 2 Kids Room, SKZ Camp Song: Howl in Harmony, Kingdom Week, variety shows), TXT (Playground, To Do, variety shows), ATEEZ (Kingdom: The Legendary War, variety shows), &TEAM (The Howling)


Groups I have bought digital albums from BEFORE listening to the album:

BTS, AgustD, SEVENTEEN, Stray Kids, ENHYPEN, The Rose, ATEEZ, LUCY, ONE OK ROCK (J-Rock), Xdinary Heroes


Groups I have bought full digital albums from AFTER listening to the album:

Agust D, ATEEZ, BTS, CRAVITY, ENHYPEN, Eric Nam, Hoshi, J-Hope, Jackson Wang, Jun, KANGDANIEL, KINGDOM, LUCY, MIYAVI, ONE OK ROCK, PENTAGON, RM, PSY, SEVENTEEN, Stray Kids, TXT, Woozi, THE 8


Groups I have purchased songs from without purchasing a full album:

Agust D, ATEEZ, BSS, BTOB, CRAVITY, E'LAST, Eric Nam, Fuji Kaze, iKON, IU, J-Hope, Jackson Wang, JUST B, KANGDANIEL, KINGDOM, LUCY, MIYAVI, NCT DREAM, ONE OK ROCK, P!Harmony, PENTAGON, PSY, RM, Stray Kids, SUNMI, SUPER JUNIOR, TAN, V & JIN, WOOSUNG, Younha


Groups I subscribe to on YouTube, TikTok or Instagram:

The Rose, Stray Kids, SEVENTEEN, KINGDOM, Jackson Wang, TXT, ATEEZ, ENHYPEN, &TEAM, Eric Nam, WOOSUNG, Jin, Jimin, Jungkook, J-Hope, SUGA, RM, Tan, KANGDANIEL, THE 8, ONE OK ROCK, PSY, Zico, ONEUS, Xdinary Heroes, LUCY, Woozi, BTOB, Hoshi


Groups I like enough to follow on Spotify so that I don't miss new releases:

THE 8, Agust D, ATEEZ, BamBam, BSS, BTOB, BTS, CIX, DAY6, Dokyeom, E'LAST, ENHYPEN, Eric Nam, Fuji Kaze, GHOST9, Golden Child, Holland, Hoppipolla, HOSHI, Jackson Wang, j-hope, Jimin, Jun (though he's on Spotify under his Chinese name), Jung Kook, KANGDANIEL, KINGDOM, LA POEM, LEE MINHYUK (HUTA), LUCY, Mark Tuan, MAZ CHANGMIN, MIYAVI, Monsta X, NCT DREAM, NINE.i, ONE OK ROCK, ONEUS, ONEW, ONEWE, OnlyOneOf, P1Harmony, PENTAGON, RM, The Rose, SEUNGKWAN, SEVENTEEN, SF9, SHINee, Stray Kids, SUGA, SUPER JUNIOR, TAEMIN, TAN, TEMPEST, TXT, TREASURE, TRENDZ, VERNON, VICTON, VIXX, WONHO, WONWOO, WOOSUNG, WOOZI, Xdinary Hoeroes, YOUNITE


Artists who have selections that have made my "Favorite K-Pop/J-Pop" playlist:

Wanna One, TXT, Jackson Wang, SEVENTEEN, Dreamcatcher, EXO, SHINee, BTS, BTOB, Monsta X, Stray Kids, ENHYPEN, ONE OK ROCK, ZICO, BamBam, The Rose, ATEEZ, ONEUS, TREDZ, BLITZERS, CRAVITY, DAY6, BSS, VIXX, LUCY, MAX CHANGMIN, VICTON, FUZI, MAAS, byebyesea, SUGA, Agust D, E'LAST, LUCY, ONEW, A.C.E., P1Harmony, GOT7, IU, WONHO, TWICE, Gaho, NCT DREAM, TREASURE, iKon, CHANYEOL, HEIZE, Crush, SOYOU, AILEE, SEKAI NO OWARI, Zdinary Heroes, ONEWE, KINGDOM, WINNER, j-hope, V, JIN, Park Min Joo, MIYAVI, KANGDANIEL, NAYEON, Felix, Mark Tuan, (G)I-DLE, OnlyOneOf, PENTAGON, Gaho, TEMPEST, JUST B, JOY, Lee Hyun Woo, CRUDEPLAY, TAN, OMEGA X, WEi, BIGBANG, THE 8, RM, WOOSUNG, NINE.i, GHOST9, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, SUNMI, PSY, Rain, Golden Child, BOL4, SUPER JUNIOR, JO1, WOOZI, Eric Nam, Yuna, NCT 127, HOSHI, Jung Kook, SuperM, VICTON, SHAUN, Lee Juck, Jinpyo Kim, SF9, N.FLying, NCT 2021, Younha, Xiao Zhan, STAYC, JEONG SEWOON, SEULGI, TO1, D.O., Henry, Miliyah, Yoshida Brothers, 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice