Tea Review: Spiced Chai & Cranberry Boozy Tea and Botanical Hard Tea Seltzer by Owl's Brew

 Owl's Brew is a company that I'm familiar with because I've been using their tea mixers for years now.  Hard Ginger Beer mixed with Owl's Brew The Classic cocktail mixer has been a favorite drink of mine for quite a while now.  As such, I was quite eager to taste their take on a hard tea seltzer.  So, I bought myself a variety pack of Owl's Brew seltzers at Trader Joe's.  Before I had gotten around to trying any of them, Sean brought THIS flavour home for me to try.

I was hoping for an autumnal cranberry blast of flavour with a tea aftertaste, but that's not what I got.  This is more seltzer than tea on the palate and the cranberry isn't all that strong on the top or mid notes.  Actually, I didn't taste the cranberry at all in the top note, and it was weak in the midnote.  On the finish is where the cranberry really takes center stage.  The spices from the chai, however, are present in both the top and mid notes.  The tea part of the chai is the star of the mid note, but it doesn't last long.

I guess that doesn't sound all that flattering, but it was an entirely enjoyable little drink.  The last half of the can I shoved away all my expectations and just enjoyed it as a spicy boozy seltzer with a fun rich cranberry finish.  


Verdict:  I would get this again in a heartbeat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice