Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar Day 20 - Mint Humbug



 I was surprised to get another mint tea so soon after the Moroccan Mint blend a few days before - but I admit that this is different enough to hold its own even against that lovely Moroccan Mint blend that I enjoyed so much.

Unlike the Moroccan Mint, this actually doesn't have any tea in it.  It's a tinsane.  I've had more than my fair share of mint tinsanes, but honestly, I think this may be one of my favorites.  The liquorice root and toffee flavouring gives an added depth and complexity that I really enjoy.  Mint tinsanes can get a bit one note for me after a while, but this one was fun for the whole cup.  The toffee also combined with the mint to make for a surprisingly festive flavor.


Final thoughts: Delightful.  A wonderful way to wind down at the end of a winter's day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice