Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar Day 17 - Camomile and Bee Pollen Infusion

 



Disclaimer - I don't like Chamomile - like... at all.  Chamomile tea to me tastes like water that's gone stale and dirty.  So, needless to say, when I saw the flavor on this day, I was NOT excited.  I made it anyway.


So, on my first sip, the camomile was almost hidden completely by the bee pollen.... which.... is like honey in flavor but... not.  The write up is correct, there is a sweetness to this tea... as well as a waxy note... which builds with each sip.... and that I did NOT enjoy.  Unfortunately for my palate, as the waxy note builds up, the honey flavor fades and the camomile starts to peek through more and more.  What that meant for me was that half way through the cup I poured it out.


Final thought:  Not for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice