Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar Day 15 - Breakfast Blend

 As I've said before, I'm not the biggest fan of English Breakfast blends - but I do like Irish Breakfast, and Scottish Breakfast blends - so when I opened the little door and saw "Breakfast Blend", I decided to risk it again and make a full pot instead of a single cup.  After all, I've really been enjoying this blender's palate when it comes to their balances in the black tea blends.



As was the case with my last bet/risk on making a full pot, I was not disappointed.  No regrets.  I enjoyed the entire pot for hours with the help of my little electric mug.


So, was this a mind blowing blend worth writing home about?  No.  Still, you can taste the boldness from the Assam and it's a good wake me up tea.  It's a serviceable upgrade from a basic builders since it's got a higher quality tea than say PG Tips or Builders or Typhoo, and as such isn't as astringent or dusty in the flavour.  It holds up to milk better too - tasting more of tea with cream than a muddy tea cream that you get with lesser teas.


Verdict:  Quality and tasty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice