Tea Review: Chai French Vanilla by Twinings

 One of my Christmas gifts this last year was a massive sample box of Twinings tea blends containing all sorts of flavors that I have never tried - well, you KNOW that means I have to review them all as I drink them!



To start off, I knew that this wasn't going to be my favorite blend since the basic Twinings chai is not a chai I enjoy.  It's not... BAD - I just prefer my chai blends to have WAAAAAAAY more spice than Twinings uses.  I was curious to see what vanilla would bring to the chai party though, because it's not a flavor that I usually have in my chai.  


So, what DOES the french vanilla bring to the chai party?  The answer is - nothing much.  In point of fact, what little spicing is in the Twinings chai is utterly masked by the addition of the vanilla and the cup tasted like regular black tea with a bit of vanilla creamer added.... sans cream.


Final thoughts:  Not a Twinings blend that works for my tastes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice