Tea Review: Black Milk Tea by Ito En

I've previously reviewed another pre-mixed milk tea by this same company - the Jasmine Green milk tea.  Of that flavor, I was NOT a fan.  The vanilla powder was far too prominent a flavor.

The vanilla powder is used in this Black Milk Tea as well - but thankfully, it's not as prominent.



I'm learning very quickly that I just don't like vanilla powder in my tea - it dominates the last note/ aftertaste and makes me feel like I've just eaten a cookie that's gone slightly off.

As far as milk teas go, this was.... ok.  It curbed my milk tea craving and was definitely a more affordable and more convenient option than going to a milk tea place.  However, in flavor quality, it very much tasted like a knock of version of a tasty milk tea place milk tea.


On the side of the bottle it says to "shake well" - they aren't kidding.  A sip of this before shaking is watery and flavourless drivel.  SHAKE THE HELL out of this if you want any flavor.


Verdict:  It's ok/meh - but if you're REALLY craving milk tea and can't get to a boba place, it could help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice