Tea Review: Low Country by August Uncommon Tea


This is the tea blend from Uncommon that kept getting advertised to me and made me curious enough to order from their company. The idea of Black Tea with a Bourbon flavor intrigued me.


I'm not sure there is a bourbon flavor here, but there is wood and some smoke and some burnt sugar and some buckwheat and chicory. It's dry in the mouth and while normally that would make me suggest a touch of cream, cream muddles the complexity of the flavors here. What DOES work to temper the dryness without muddling it is to add just a dash of whiskey. With the whiskey, this becomes a delicious sipping tea that warms oh so pleasantly.

Verdict: tasty and worth the impulse buy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice