Tea Review: Golden Arrow blend by August Uncommon Tea


Man boy howdy they ain’t kidding about mahogany being the dominant flavor on this. The tea quality is good and the walnut comes through in the mid-note but I didn’t really taste the burnt sugar.
The mahogany is a head trip. I’m used to oak in wine or wood in my whiskey- but I’m not used to wood in my tea and I’m REALLY not used to mahogany as a flavor instead of just a scent.



It takes cream well- which is good because without cream it dries my mouth out WAY too much- which is why even though it’s a good tea I won’t be reordering this blend.

Verdict: good quality, interesting flavor, but the end note is not a good match for my pallet preferences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice