Tea Review: Cardamom Spice (Chai) by Tea Drops

So I tried a new tea this morning - Cardamom Spice (Chai) from "Tea Drops". It's this little sort of pressed cake of loose leaf that you drop into your mug of hot water. I think the concept is a no fuss kurrig without the pod sort of concept.


I really REALLY wanted it to be good - because they would be awesome for travel.
Alas.... the spice blend on the chai was sub-par to non existent, in fact, it tasted sweet without me putting any sugar in. And that doesn't even begin to touch on the problems.

The package says that "this is a loose leaf tea there will be some sediment in the bottom of your cup".... that does NOT prepare you for the mass of GRIT that is a cup of this stuff. I tried to let it all settle to the bottom of my mug, but then I had nearly clear hot water with a layer of tea grit at the bottom. In order to have any flavor, I had to keep stirring the grit up from the bottom to try and mix into the water.

I have two more flavours of the drops to try - Earl Grey Rose and Thai Tea.
I'll keep you posted.

In the mean time - I poured out the grit and made myself a cup of PG Tips.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnum & Mason Tea Advent Calendar - Day 2 Jade Oolong

Tea Review: Vanilla Almond Spiced Chai by Trader Joe's

Tea Forte Advent Caledar: Day 15 - African Solstice